A Great New Recommendation For My Work!
As you may know, I taught a full-day pre-conference certificate program on Voiceovers for eLearning Subject Matter Experts at the eLearning Guild’s 2011 Learning Solutions conference. One of my students was Laura Fried, Sales Learning Manager for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. I was delighted to hear from Laura this week that she’ll be at LS2012 conducting a concurrent session on video-based training. If you’re attending the conference this year, I encourage you to check out her session. I was also thrilled that Laura posted a recommendation for me on LinkedIn. I’d like to share it with you:
“I had the opportunity to attend Andrew’s pre-conference certificate program, How to Create and Deliver eLearning Voiceovers Like a Pro (eLearning Guild Learning Solutions 2011). This class had a BIG impact on my work – and a year later I can still remember the many components of the work we did. Andrew’s material included a variety of hands-on exercises that made the class not only flow well, but kept all engaged. He also facilitated and managed the time well so that all the participants had the opportunity to create sample voiceovers and present them to the class for constructive feedback. Voila, instant reinforcement to cement the learning. Andrew’s background – as a skilled, accomplished actor – brought a high level of trust and authenticity to the class. I highly recommend his teaching and his work!”
In addition, my former student James Glenos and his wife came to see me performing in The 39 Steps down in Jupiter, Florida this past fall. James came into my voiceover class already possessing a very high level of skill, but he, too, told me in November that my class taught him a number of useful tips he still uses today.
Thanks, Laura and James–your feedback means a lot! I love coaching and working with people. I love hearing what my students are doing, and sharing what I’m doing. And to know that my teaching has had a lasting impact on my students is really what it’s all about.
- My Giving Voice to Your eLearning Talk at ASTDNY Was a Hit!
- New eLearning Samples Page Is Now Available!
- Brewing Up Same Day Training Success
- 2012 eLearning Tools Landscape: The Rise of HTML5
- Words, Words, Words! (and How to Use Them in eLearning)
- Change of Plans for March 2012
- Sign Up Now for My Full-Day Certificate Program on eLearning Voiceovers!
- Learning Solutions 2012 Encore for My eLearning Voiceover Certificate Program
- New Courses Available for eLearning Voiceovers and Presentation Skills
- Listen to My New Voiceover Demos!