New eLearning Overview Built with Articulate Rise Featuring Fully Responsive Design!
It’s a great time to be creating eLearning; development tools continue to evolve, and a new player on the scene is a real game-changer–especially if you need high quality mobile learning. As if Storyline wasn’t great enough, with their new Articulate 360 suite, Articulate now offers us Articulate Rise. The main difference between Storyline and Rise is this: Rise is an entirely online course development tool, and the content published from Rise features a fully responsive design. That means whether your learners access a Rise course using a laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone, Rise automatically detects the type of device and delivers the course optimized for viewing on that type of device! It’s practically magical.
Now, Rise can’t currently compete with Storyline in terms of more advanced features and types of interactions, but for basic, linear informational courses needing a bit of stylish interaction, Rise offers a number of elegant templates and a lot of room for creativity. And because it’s template-driven, it means building a course with Rise takes less time–and less money. Of course, you can still add your own branding and color scheme.
Another difference to keep in mind: since audio files do not autoplay on mobile devices, so any audio you include in a Rise course will require the learner to click to hear the audio file. But that’s a small price to pay for eLearning content that looks great on any device. (And of course you should never put critical information only in audio for any eLearning course.) Thanks to tools like Rise, high quality mobile learning is now within every company’s reach. And Articulate continues to enhance the features of Rise, so this is truly only the beginning.
Click on the image in this post to see the sample Rise course I created. It’s an updated version of my eLearning Overview. This brief course will walk you through the process of creating eLearning–and give you a great look at Rise in action at the same time. I think you’ll agree it’s quality eLearning in a very stylish package. I’ve already used Rise with some of my clients, and they are thrilled with the results. Take my sample course for a spin, and let me know what you think!
If you want to learn more about Rise, it will be one of the tools we discuss at our next ATD NYC eLearning SIG meeting on Wednesday, July 26th. Watch the ATD NYC web site for details and to register.
Recap of Recent ATD NYC eLearning SIG Sessions
Teaching Presentation Skills to Graduate Student Poets and Novelists
- Another Year of Public Performance Presentation Skills Success
- Join us for the remaining 2019 sessions of the ATDNYC eLearning SIG!
- ATD eLearning SIG Meeting on The Rise of Web-Based Development Tools
- Teaching Presentation Skills to Graduate Student Poets and Novelists
- New eLearning Overview Built with Articulate Rise Featuring Fully Responsive Design!
- Recap of Recent ATD NYC eLearning SIG Sessions
- Class Up Your Learning With Free Images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
- Busy, Busy Busy–The View From Here
- Big News: I’m in the “Cheers Live On Stage” National Tour!
- May Contest! Win a Copy of My New Audiobook “Black Sails White Rabbits”