Upcoming 5/13 ATD NYC Webinar: Common eLearning Design Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
As you may know, I’m co-chair of ATD NYC’s eLearning SIG (special interest group). Every other month, co-chair Enid Crystal and I put together a program exploring the challenges and rewards of including eLearning in your company’s blended learning solutions. Sometimes we invite speakers, and other times we host roundtable discussions on hot topics.
On Wednesday, May 13th, at 5:30pm, we’ll be hosting a roundtable about how you can avoid making some of the most common eLearning design mistakes. To add to the fun and participation, we’re presenting this roundtable with a bit of a “flipped classroom” approach, meaning you can do a little homework prior to the meeting, and then we’ll all share our ideas and discuss them together at the meeting.
If you’re an ATD NY member, we hope you’ll join us. And even if you’re not, you’re allowed to participate in one ATD NY session for free. Since our focus is on eLearning, we hold our meetings both in person and virtually, to allow as many people as possible to participate.
So, how will this all work? Simple! I’ve created a PowerPoint file showing six common eLearning design mistakes. You can download it right here: Common eLearning Mistakes Sample Slides
Pick at least one of the slides in this sample deck, and create your suggested revision that makes all the same points, but in a way that will deliver the message more effectively.
Then, email your slide(s) to me at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, May 11th at 12 noon Eastern Time.
I’ll collate all the submissions so that we can review and discuss them together at Wednesday evening’s meeting. And even if you don’t have time to revise a slide, feel free to join us for the discussion. We all learn a lot from our peers every time we hold one of our roundtables. And of course, after the event I’ll share the collated PowerPoint deck so that you can remind yourself of the great solutions you can apply to your next project.
We hope to “see” you there!
An Easy Way to Create Free Custom Icons for Your eLearning Course
Free Your eLearning Navigation From the Straight and Narrow
- Exciting News! Check Out My Updated FREE Digital Learning Overview Course
- How to Stay Relevant (and Sane) in Hard Times
- Another Year of Public Performance Presentation Skills Success
- Join us for the remaining 2019 sessions of the ATDNYC eLearning SIG!
- ATD eLearning SIG Meeting on The Rise of Web-Based Development Tools
- Teaching Presentation Skills to Graduate Student Poets and Novelists
- New eLearning Overview Built with Articulate Rise Featuring Fully Responsive Design!
- Recap of Recent ATD NYC eLearning SIG Sessions
- Class Up Your Learning With Free Images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
- Busy, Busy Busy–The View From Here