No-Budget Gamification Roundtable at ATD NYC Meeting on November 17th!
These days everybody is talking about Gamification, and how applying elements or principles of it can enhance your learning interactions. And it’s true: used strategically, Gamification can make your learning both more fun, and more memorable.
But often people think they have to sign on with an expensive external provider that offers all the bells and whistles of a gamified environment to reap the benefits. And since most people in learning and talent development teams don’t have the budget for it, the conversation about leveraging Gamification often stops there. But it doesn’t have to.
This November 17th, I’m offering a session I call “No-Budget Gamification” and it’s going to be a roundtable hands-on discussion and work session among meeting attendees, rather than just sitting back and listening to a speaker.
So how will it work? As we did with my earlier session on fixing common eLearning design mistakes (which was a huge hit), we’re taking a flipped classroom approach. I’m providing a PowerPoint deck that includes a very simple template, a simple example, and some handy reminders of the basic principles of Gamification.
All you need to do is think about one of your own projects, and complete the simple 1-slide template with ideas for how you might use elements of Gamification to enliven your learning project. That’s it! Then on November 17th, we’ll get together (in person and virtually via webinar) to compare solutions and brainstorm even more great ideas.
This approach is simple, fun, and genuinely effective. By the end of the meeting, you’ll have at least a handful of great ideas for how you can leverage the principles of Gamification to enhance your own learning projects–without spending a dime!
If you’re a member of ATD NYC, or if you’re thinking of joining (non-members can audit one session for free), make sure you register for the November 17th meeting ASAP so that we can save a place for you. The event should be listed in the ATD NYC events calendar by Tuesday, 11/3.
And be sure to download the “homework” and free Gamification info deck well in advance so that you’ll be ready to play at our meeting: No-Budget Gamification Homework Assignment In fact–why not download it now and get started. Even if you can’t make the meeting, you’ll find a lot of great information on Gamification in my slides.
Have fun, and we’ll “see” you on November 17th!
Delivering Your Information With a Fun Soundboard
Free Gamification Course by Kevin Werbach Returns to Coursera!
- Another Year of Public Performance Presentation Skills Success
- Join us for the remaining 2019 sessions of the ATDNYC eLearning SIG!
- ATD eLearning SIG Meeting on The Rise of Web-Based Development Tools
- Teaching Presentation Skills to Graduate Student Poets and Novelists
- New eLearning Overview Built with Articulate Rise Featuring Fully Responsive Design!
- Recap of Recent ATD NYC eLearning SIG Sessions
- Class Up Your Learning With Free Images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
- Busy, Busy Busy–The View From Here
- Big News: I’m in the “Cheers Live On Stage” National Tour!
- May Contest! Win a Copy of My New Audiobook “Black Sails White Rabbits”